RavenLea
RavenLea asks:
Q:

Will it be harder for me to get into college without taking SAT/ACT?

I'm 15 and a Senior in high school. I haven't taken any SAT or ACT tests, though. I just don't have the money..
Will this affect my ability to get into college?
And will my age make them more or less likely to want me on their campus?
"It's an honor to have someone so young in my college!"
or
"I'd not want a young'n on my campus!"
I'm very concerned and stressed out about both of these. /:
In Topics: Getting ready for college

|

Houli

Your question may not be answered with a  simple yes or no.  First, are you graduating from an accredited high school?  Are you home schooled?  Are there any other extenuating circumstance regarding your age?

In general the SAT or ACT is required for admittance to approximately 98% of the US colleges.  However, this would not be a requirement for admittance to most community colleges.

The bottom line is this- you need to talk with someone who can answer this question based on your special circumstances.  Perhaps a college counselor, local community college counselor, or a high school friend who has been admitted to college.  In short anyone with experience in the admissions requirements for your local situation.

0
0