Anonymous
Q:

What to do about harsh, abrasive, insensitive, chaotic, high performing teacher?

My daughter's in 4th grade.  Her teacher is intense, and high performing.  The principal said she is real hard on disobedient kids and some sensitive kids react negatively.

After spending some time in the class the teacher is disorganized, and sometimes disciplines the wrong kids. She tosses her head and rolls her eyes a lot, and snorts, when she is upset, which is most of the time.  It seems like she does not trust any kids, and is chaotic.

Yesterday, the teacher decided to have PE right before the end of class.  It was about 95, and real bright.  I helped out and after about 20 minutes saw that the kids were getting real hot.  The teacher kept pushing them.  She was sweating a lot herself and seemed possessed.

My daughter and a couple kids said they were dehydrated and we stood in the shade.  The teacher was yelling at all the kids to keep running around, except the kids who were  in the shade with their volunteer parents.

The littlest girl in the class was hot, and was going to throw up.  She looked weak and wanted me to take her to the bathroom.  She said the teacher said she had to exercise.  I told the girl I would take her to the bathroom.  We walked by the teacher and I explained what I was doing, and she snorted and said the girl is a good actor and it was her fault for being hot because she did not bring her water.  I took the girl to the bathroom, and told her drink water and sit in the shade.  I saw her mom and she took over. What do I do? Bill
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), My Relationship with my child's school

|