Lylamin
Lylamin asks:
Q:

I'm hearing about one girl who's mean only to my son sometimes, but my son's kindergarten teacher does not seem to validate my son's stories.

My 5-year-old son was upset several times because of one girl in his class. He said she spitted on his face, calling him stinky and hit him once. All those things happened in the computer class and music class, so his teacher could not see them. When I finally talked to her about the girl and my son, she got defensive, saying that all the girls in her class are nice and do not spit or hit. She said only boys do spitting and hitting. I felt she was not even trying to validate his story and I was just bringing some trouble. I have met his teacher several times since I saw my son was bullied at the school playground by some of his classmates after school. At this point, I just want to transfer him to another school, but the problem is my family is trying to sell our place and move out to a different town with better school system. So, I would like to transfer him to a new school when we move out to a different town. Meanwhile, how can I resolve this problem with his teacher?

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Talk_...
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), My Relationship with my child's school, Bullying and teasing

|

What a frustrating circumstance.  We recommend that you approach the kindegarten teacher one more time and report any new information that you may have learned.  If she continues to be defensive and not problem solve with you, please then go to the principal and let the principal know what you have experienced.  It may be that you are not the only one with these problems and the school needs to know.  And always be open, warm, and looking to problem solve as opposed to trying to get somebody in trouble.  you could even just report the incidences to the principal and then if he/she questions whether you have told the teacher, you can then address that situation.  Bullying is a very difficult problem for parents, teachers, students, and school administration all to handle, which is why it is important to work together to problem solve these incidences as opposed to simply try and place blame.  It may also be worthwhile to talk with other parents (if you know any) to see if they have any similar stories or experiences.  Also get in touch with the Parent/Teacher organization if you feel they may be able to help.

We wish you luck and feel free to call our hotline if you need additional assistance.

Counselor, Dominic
Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
1-800-448-3000
www.parenting.org

1
0

ebhs
ebhs writes:
I don't think it's good to bully or to be mean to any one at all that's not helthey for kids and some kids think that it's o.k.

1
0
ebhs
ebhs writes:
You can tel your son when some one do some thing to him just tell the teacher or if the teacher don't listen to him he could come home and tell you or his dad or he could walk away for the person that's do'ing some thing to him oe he could go to the office and talk to some one about it and i have been a teacher for only a year

0
0
ebhs
ebhs writes:
The only thing you can do is tell your son to walk away from the people that is being mean to him and if you ever need to talk to some one my e-mail is anthonynorwood77@hotmail.com

0
0
Lylamin
Lylamin writes:
thank you all for your replies. I talked to the teacher again and felt that we resolved some tension (between me and the teacher), but unfortunately, not the problem itself. She strongly believes that all kids in her class are nice and no one is malicious enough to bully someone. I also talked to my son that he has to talk to as many teachers as possible if anything upsetting ever happened to him again as well as to myself at home.

0
0
Anonymous