armon
armon asks:
Q:

how do i get my high school transcripts?

I called the lady who takes care of all the transcripts in the district, considering the school i attended is the only school in the district, it would be easy to find my scripts. Well it's not. She said she can't find my name on anything on the school records, which is funny because I went to classmates.com and found my name and my graduation year and all that. So I don't know if she don't know what she's doing but whatever the case my be, I need my transcripts so I can go to college. Can "anybody" help this situation, please?!!! Thnx
In Topics: Getting ready for college

|

Congratulations for making the transition to college. You will find this a very rewarding experience. I am sorry to hear that you have found some obstacles.

You need to put the request in writing with your full name, date of birth, and student ID (if you remember the number). Many schools have used Social Security numbers. Make sure the registrar is spelling your name correctly. If you have any form of school records (e.g. report cards, progress reports), make a copy and send (or take) the copies to her. You also need to request a sealed, certified copy of the transcript be sent to the university or college to which you are applying. (You are not allowed to send the copy, but I would suggest that you get a copy for your records anyway.) If your transcript is not found, ask to speak to the supervisor for historical records.

You may also consider contacting your high school or school district office and letting them know about the issue. Speak to the counselor or principal. Give them the details of how long you attended the high school, your name, date of birth, and student ID.

If this fails, write a letter of complaint to the State Board of Education and explain what you have done to solve the problem.

Best wishes on your quest!

Brenda Melton
Professional School Counselor

2
0