jazzhands
jazzhands asks:
Q:

Can I hire private teacher or tutor to homeschool my elementary-age children?

My kids will be 5 and 6 in the fall and we're considering our school options. I'd love to have them in a homeschool environment, but I work full-time at home, my husband works full-time outside the home and I don't know if we'd be able to teach them on our own. I'm interested in hiring a private teacher/tutor to come to my home to teach my son and daughter, but I can't find any definitive information or resources on how to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions? (We're in Minneapolis, Minnesota)
In Topics: Working with tutors, Homeschooling

|

KidAngel

You could hire a teacher, but it is not necessary. At the high school age, you have a variety of options that make more sense.

First, I suggest you visit http://www.HSLDA.org and find out the laws regarding homeschooling in your state. There is an "In Your State" link to the right, and then select your state and then the Legal Analysis.

Second, I suggest you visit http://groups.yahoo.com and type in "MyCity homeschool" or "MyCounty homeschool" and find a local homeschool group. These groups are a great resource for parent and child in helping understand the laws, pointing you toward resources you probably do not even realize exist, etc. They often get together for academic and social activitites.

I also suggest you read the Teenage Liberation Handbook.

My children are homeschooled, and once they get to be 16 they will be in the dual enrollment program at the local community college. They will simultaneously earn high school (homeschool) and college credits in some subjects, saving them time and me money.

There are also a variety of other options, besides hiring a teacher.

Colleges- including ivy league colleges- actively recruit homeschoolers because they have proven to matriculate so well. Homeschoolers get into college the same way their traditonally educated counterparts do- submitting transcripts, ACT and SAT scores, etc. Some colleges have alternative admissions application procedures for homeschoolers that do not have traditional records (such as submitting a portfolio instead). They can and DO go to college- in fact, a higher percentage of homeschoolers apply to, enroll in and graduate from college than the percentage of their traditionally schooled counterparts.

This answer was from Mary @ stayathomemomonthego.com
I could not have written a better one...
She knows whats up!!

Barbara Antinoro
Kid Angel Foundation
Educational Consultant
2
0

SamanthaSnj
SamanthaSnj writes:
There is a great tutoring site I have used before called cardinal scholars. They are amazing and provide online or in person tutoring. The prices are decent and they are really knowledgable.

1
2
mona123-nv
mona123-nv writes:
if you still looking for private teacher for your kids this my e.mail
mona232003@hotmail.com I have 10 years experience

0
0
mlevando
mlevando writes:
You can, or you can find an online program.  You may want to check with you state to see what the rules are for homeschooling.  Often times states allow a parent to work with other parents or organizations for special subjects.  For example you can teach your neighbor's children Biology while your neighbor teaches your children Algebra II.

0
0
tawfikcint
tawfikcint writes:
Your need online tools

or online notepad or more?

Go to here : http://www.guinbox.com/Note

or : http://www.enotepad.org

0
0
marwaelmeligy
marwaelmeligy writes:
Yes ,I would love to work as full timer Tutor.Actually ,I am based in Egypt.
My studies teaching as I taught to all grades (American and British).
I received my studies in Egypt and UKas follows:
-MSC in Marketing from Edinburgh Business School Herriot Watt University" – Scotland,UK, April 2013.

- Professional POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA in Marketing from The Chartered Institute in Marketing (the same level of Master degree from UK universities/ June 2010/ Level 7):
 Analysis & Evaluation.                                                
 Strategic Marketing Decision.                      
 Strategic Marketing in Practice.
 Managing Marketing Performance.

-Professional Diploma in Marketing from The Chartered Institute in Marketing (Berkshire- England- UK , the same level of last part of Bachelor degree from UK universities / Feb 2008 / Level 6 ):
 Marketing Research & Information.  
 Marketing Planning.
 Marketing Communications.        
 Management Marketing in Practice.  
-Professional Certificate in Marketing from The Chartered Institute in Marketing (July 2006 /Berkshire - England- UK ):
• Customer Communications.                                          
• Marketing Environment.                                      
• Marketing Fundamental.                                          
• Marketing in Practice.

-Special Diploma for Teacher Preparation (English Department), Ain Shams University, 2000, Grade  : "Good".
- General Diploma for Teacher Preparation (English Department), Ain Shams University, 1999, Grade  : "Good".

-Bachelor of Arts & Education (English Department),Ain Shams University, 1997, Grade: "Good" 74,5%.

0
0
MyHWHelp
MyHWHelp , Teacher writes:
Yes, You must hire a Tutor for your ongoing study because it will help you to get good grades in upcoming exams. You can score well because Tutor will help you with a list of questions most important for your subject. You can take help from tutors with each and every question you feel nervous. I'm suggesting you couple of websites you can hire tutors online. Sites like tutor.com, myhomeworkhelp.com and chegg.com. Let me know if you have questions

0
0