cello30
cello30 asks:
Q:

Throughout history what country's had figurehead rulers?

Likes Japan in the 1450's-1750's or how the english now have a queen that is mainly a figure head. would the chinese emporers during the Qing dynasty be considered figureheads since the advisors were able to convince the emporer that jeng her's voyages were too costly and to stop them? any help would be great thanks!
In Topics: Tests (preparing, taking, anxiety!), Helping my child with social studies / history

|

Allyn Anderson

Wow! You've asked a very specific question, and your thinking appears to be heading in the right direction. First, you have to decide whether an emperor is actually ruling or if he is a figurehead with someone else making the decisions for the kingdom. Remember to look at each specific ruler, especially in the Qing dynasty. Try to avoid grouping them all as figureheads without first exploring who was yielding the greatest power.

I've attached a couple of web sites to help you finalize your thinking.  
0
0
Show me another question in this topic
Anonymous