Gunnarjj
Gunnarjj asks:
Q:

Should I hold my son back from Kindergarten and keep him in preschool ?

My son is very smart with an ipad or complicated games and toys he can figure out almost everything to assemble or to complete a game but can't write his name . He can count to 20 and knows his ABC with help identifying . He listens but loses interest after a short time and wants to play . We are concerned that he's not ready for to enter kindergarten but we don't want him falling behind , he will turn 6 in preschool and 7 in kindergarten . We don't know what to do , we are afraid he won't advance being with 4 year old and to see his friends all going to kindergarten is going to confuse him . Can you advise us on what options we may have ?
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school

|

blueseahorse62
blueseahors... writes:
In kindergarten,  you basically learn to read and do some minor math work. He sounds bright enough to be in kindergarten.  Actually,  a lot of kids don't attend school until kindergarten. If he does fall behind, but him in an extra help program. If it is too much for him consider homeschooling until he can go to an age appropriate grade.

0
0