Schwark23
Schwark23 asks:
Q:

"Homeschooled" person needs to know where to begin.

At the end of the 4th grade my parents made the decision to take me out of school and teach me themselves, this is commonly known as "Home Schooling."  

Unfortunately, They failed to actually educate me, at all.

I am now 23 years old, with a full time job that I love, however I would really love to earn my GED.  The only problem with that is I don't know where to begin.  I have some books and other materials so that's not where my question lies.  

I need to know, for instance, if I teach myself math, should I reinforce division and multiplication?  Or perhaps work on algebra? Where is a good place to start?  What is beneficial to know?

I'm not as interested in learning anything that will never be used in day to day life, and am especially interested in finishing the math section of my GED, so I would like to concentrate on that for the time being.

Thank you for any help!
In Topics: School and Academics, Back to school, Learning issues and special needs

|

There are many great websites dedicated to Home Education / Home Schooling. Also, consider websites such as ABCTeach.com, in addition to the findings here on Education.com.

Good luck and thank you for advocating for your own learning!

0
0

TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
There are GED courses - online and at your local community college - that you could take. There's sometime also A Literacy Council or Literacy Initiative that offers free GED courses. If you punch in 'GED courses' and the name of your town or area, things will come up.

The books you bought should also tell you what to reinforce - be sure the books you have are current - they change the GED from time to time and an older GED book may not work well.

0
0
Anonymous