Loddie1 , Parent asks:
Q:

As a homeschooling parent and advocate, I am trying to get some ideas for a co-op. My recent one has been "yearbook". Any other ideas?

Homeschool Co-op
In Topics: Homeschooling

|
Hi Loddie1,

Can you please elaborate about what type of ideas specifically that you're looking for? Are you seeking ideas to start a homeschool co-op? To celebrate the students within an existing co-op? Other?

Please let us know so we can be as helpful as possible in responding to your question.

Thanks!

1
0
Certainly! I need ideas on what classes or activities to form or start within the co-op. I am the founder of Angel Homeschool Co-op in my area. So I need ideas on anything pertaining to learning (there is no limit). This is what makes a co-op unique. Josten's has provided us with a yearbook kit. And so our co-op is now holding "yearbook" classes for the homeschooled  highschoolers. But as the administrator and founder, I need some other ideas and directions.

1
0
keelinnkarlee
keelinnkarlee writes:
maybe facebook?

1
0
Thanks! Facebook would a great way to join the co-op group online.

1
0
girlsrock25
girlsrock25 writes:
I think School year book are better than anythig else because you get to see your pat teachers and when is the last day of school you could get them signed b the teachers and friends.Thats why I think their year books are beter.

1
1
BanterAboutArts
BanterAbout... , School Administrator, Teacher writes:
For the past 15 years I’ve administrated a co-op that has a strong emphasis on creativity. I accomplish this by teaching poetry, visual art and music composition in addition to English, math, science, and history. I teach them that their ideas matter and help them to develop their creative voice and to raise it beyond the classroom by providing them with opportunities to promote their ideas in the real world.

I publish a book of student writing and art, plus a CD of original music, we've even produced a film or two each year. I require my students to actually work through a formal submission process to participate. I also encourage them to submit and compete outside of the co-op.

Another highly successful co-op activity is our lively literature discussion circles and our writer's groups where students actively discuss books and  creative writing respectively. They are able to contribute significant ideas about books and to constructively critique fellow students because they have been taught how.

All best!

1
0
HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
I suggest if you could asked for a friend's suggestions. It may be better if you could join to a group where most of the people you know is a member as well. :)

0
0