mummy28
mummy28 asks:
Q:

How can I get my husband who is my 5 year old daughter's stepfather to have empathy for her?

He came into my life when she was 2 and I was living with my parents.  They supported me in raising her and she is very mature for her age but has always been sensitive. He
will not allow any expression of frustration or upset and must stuff her feelings.  He has also accidentally hurt her a few times and never apologizes but acts like it's her fault.
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Discipline and behavior challenges, Blended families

|

The best advice we can give you is to encourge him to go to our website for parents.  It is www.parenting.org.  We information about how to teach your children to express and deal with their feelings and emotions in an appropriate way without having to "stuff" their feelings.

Let your husband know that he can call our Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge to discuss any parenting issue.  We are here to help!

Chris, Counselor

1-800-448-3000

0
0