RLEE0110
RLEE0110 asks:
Q:

im 25 and have a well paying job, should i go back to college?

I am 25 and considering going back to school to pursue my degree. I have a few credits but nothing significant; but I am in an interesting position.

I have no kids, no debt and single so I see it as a perfect time in my life to make some changes. I have been in banking since I was 18 and have climbed the corporate ladder. I am currently an assistant manager making $50k base and roughly $10k extra in bonus' a year but to be honest, bored with my job and hate the stress it caries. I would like to do something more analytical and less sales/operations. A lot of my peers in my age group are recent college graduates and are having no luck finding a job, much less a good paying one, in these hard times. Many of my peers are advising me against it saying that a) school is far too expensive right now and b) the time invested could take away from my current career growth (for measure, I am #2 in a fortune 50 company with a lot of eyes looking at me to be a VP before 30). I would only be planning on going part time while working but scared that I wouldn’t get my degree until I am in my 30’s since I am starting from square one.

What is your advice on which route to go? I am getting many mixed opinions on the matter.

Thanks!
In Topics: Getting ready for college

|

Houli

From my perspective and experience working with others in a similar situation, I have one piece of advice for you-  follow your dreams and desires.  You can find lots of reasons not to pursue college, yet only you can determine the passion you feel about college, and thus only you can make that decision.

Whatever your final decision, if you go with your heart you will much more likely to find happiness.

0
0