Wicked82
Wicked82 asks:
Q:

Im pregnant in nyc i want to sign my rights to the father of my unborn how do i get this to happen before the babys born?

In Topics: Fatherhood, Single parent families

|
tobymuniz
tobymuniz writes:
it depands all on a judge but you would still have to pay child support you should google www.answers.com to find out more.

0
0
bkkm3
bkkm3 writes:
You would need to see a lawyer who handles adoptions etc.  They would have you sign an intent.  Most states require you to sign the final papers 72 hours after the birth (they will not do it prior).  You most likely would not be forced to pay child support - I have two children whom we have adopted and their birth parents do not pay support to us.  The father of the baby would also need to visit the lawyer to fill out paperwork prior to the birth and would then fill out more paperwork once the child is born (72 hours).  He would be adopting his child which would terminate all of your parental rights.

0
0

Show me another question in this topic