AnonymousPrincess
AnonymousPr... asks:
Q:

Im pregnant and really need help, what do I do?

I'm unexpectedly pregnant. I'm young, half way through my senior year and scared to tell my mom. She had me young also and is always telling me how much she sacrificed for me. She hates my boyfriend and doesn't know we are together. I'm terrified and need advice. Please help me!
In Topics: Teen sexuality and dating, Children and stress, Motherhood

|

Start with your guidance counselor at school, then call your pediatrician.  As a pregnant teen you are an emancipated minor which means you can make legal adult decisions about your condition and the pregnancy such as seeing a doctor confidentially.  It is always good to find a kind relative. It is amazing how understanding grandparent can be or aunts in this situation. Finally, Planned Parenthood does many things and counseling is one of them. You need not make any decisions except to listen to advice and it is also confidential.

Do make a connection soon. Eat well, seek medical care, and letting your mom know isn't the end of the world.  At worst, it will be a bad night.

don't forget your boyfriend. He is 50% of this and needs to stand with you. go to the doctor or counselor together.

Best.

expert panelis: pediatrcs

0
2

greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:
Gosh, my sympathies - not a good situation. You need some counseling right away. I don't know what state/locality you live in and it makes a lot of difference. Check your phone book and call your city/county social service agency for a referral to a social worker. I'd also look up the number for Planned Parenthood. They can help. Good luck!

0
2
signore
signore writes:
your mom is the best person to help you, has she had you young and you repeating the same pain. You might want discusses with your boyfriend and bring her the solution. My recommendation is to consider giving your baby up for adoption if economically you can not take care of it. Also call few churches and see who has an adoption ministry. if I had your city  I might suggest a church. Please do not be hard on your self and do not except any one condemnation or judgement you are a princess, do not fight back let them express the anger and/or frustration  but what ever they say is not about you but them, be silence and let them talk do not respond with anger. for you personally  LOVE is not sex but when we are in pain we all do what we can to feel loved. you are not responsible for the sacrifice of your mom and you are not letting her down. You did let yourself down. Make a list of +/- if you keep the baby your self, if you give it for adoption think about all possibility of money,time, relationships, your future, your boyfriend future how will the baby feels, medical issues and much much more. REMEMBER if your mom would have chose abortion you would not be the princess you are, do not take this advice from any one it will add lots more pain for many years to come and will effect you only in ways very personal to you......I do wish you understand you are O K and have 2 choice keep the baby or give it  up for adoption. do not let the negative voices get to you, we all make mistakes that when we look back we ask why i did that I know better every thing will be o k, not sure where is your dad but it looks like is not around, part of your pain. go in love

1
0
Anonymous