artist17
artist17 asks:
Q:

what is the importance of kindergarten?

i am writing a research paper about the importantance of kindergarten, its impact
Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_...
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|

pigtoria
pigtoria writes:
Hi Artist17…

You ask an interesting question.  Looking at the percentage of states that require mandatory kindergarten attendance may suggest that kindergarten schooling is not important (see link below). However, kindergarten is the most essential schooling in one’s lifetime.  It’s not because of the academic values but the social and emotional development.  

I remember back in the mid-1980’s, there was this popular poster that you see in nearly every stores.  I saw it at Walgreens, Woolworth, and Kmart.  The poster read and listed “Everything I Need to Know About Life, I Learned in Kindergarten”.  There were about 30+ things on the list and the top of the list was “learning how to share”.  Kindergarten teaches children how to socialize, how to play with others, how to be less self-centered, how to wait, how to following instructions, how to take turn, how to work in team, how to interact with their peers, the list goes on.

The things that children learn in kindergarten are priceless and it may be skills that they will use for the rest of their lives.

Vicki

1
0