sunkizzedcheeks
sunkizzedch... asks:
Q:

How can I help improve my 7 year old sons behavior?

My son's behavior is driving me crazy and I feel like I just don't know what to do anymore.

My son's behavior is fine when at school, a friend's house or at his grandparents; but when he is with me at home or even out in public, it is horrible. It seems like it is getting worse and worse. He doesn't listen and talks back. But the worst of it is the whining, the crying, the yelling; I just feel like he is having difficulty regulating his emotions. I try talking to him about appropriate behaviors and responses to things, have given rewards, or taken away something he enjoys, but I feel like I am getting no where.

The other part is that I am in a new relationship and he also has a son about the same age. The boys really like each other and want to hang out; but it always turns into a disaster. My son ends up getting very frustrated when they play together, yells a lot, has tantrum fits, throws or breaks things sometimes, etc. He won't take any responsibility for his own behavior and tends to blame everything that happens on the other boy. It is very frustrating behavior.

I am starting to feel very anxious when we all hang out together. I am worried that my son is going to start "acting up" and then the night is going to be ruined. I don't want to feel this way, I don't want anyone feeling frustrated or at a loss as to what to do, and I don't want the boys fighting. I just feel like I am in a losing battle right now.
In Topics: Self esteem and identity

|

ForesterKeith
ForesterKeith writes:
Check your son's diet. If he is eating too much "junk" food, which includes a high percentage of carbohydrates, oil, margarine, sugar etc., it is having a detrimental affect on his behaviour. Read "Grain Brain" by David Perlmutter to see the damage that modern diets are causing.
Go to emofree.com and pick up a free copy of Gary Craig's Emotional Freedom Technique manual and use it to help your whole family and all your friends with their emotional problems.

0
0