TylerA.1997
TylerA.1997 asks:
Q:

What should I do to increase my chances for getting into a top-state school?

Right now, I am a sophomore. I had a decent freshman year GPA of 3.71, but I am struggling right now with a GPA of around 3.28. I can't bring my GPA up for this year, but what can I do to increase my chances so that I can get into a top-state college such as Georgia Tech (I live in Georgia)?

|

DrBMelton

GPA is calculated on your cumulative, overall average. However, Advanced Placement and dual credit courses carry a higher value when calculating GPA. Talk to your school counselor about what courses are available for you based on your career interests, what colleges and universities review for admission, and activities that help the college admission process. Many universities look at students from a holistic view- leadership, community service, consistent grades, and factors that are beyond just the grades you make. In addition, you may consider a preparatory course for the SAT to increase your score.

0
0