bugmom
bugmom asks:
Q:

Kids under 8 years have sex behavior in the school, should I talk to the teacher?

There are 2 kids in my kid's class have some sex behavior, and some of the other kids saw it, should I talk it to the teacher? I heard that from my kid, she said that someone  saw they took their pants  off and ......

a worry mom.
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Physical Health

|

there are two concerns.  First, for this age group, curiosity and body awareness is normal.  We as adults can accept and teach to the moment about appropriate behavior. Second, children who have experienced or witnessed inappropriate sexual abuse or behavior, tend to act out in juvenile ways and imitate the behavior they witnessed.  If that is the case, notify your principal and take she will take it from there.

2
0

RebeccaM
RebeccaM writes:
As a teacher myself, I can tell you that your child's teacher would definitely want to know about what your child witnessed. It is important that you share the information in confidence and in a non-confrontational way. This kind of behavior is a red flag for many reasons, and protecting your own child is just scratching the surface.

3
0
Dr.Monika , Child Professional writes:
Sexual behaviors in children are normal.

Examples of common normal sexual behaviors in children 2-6 years of age:

- Showing genitals to peers
- Touching own genitals
- Touching or viewing genitals of peers or new siblings
- Trying to view peer/adult nudity

NOTE: The above behaviors should be transient, few, and distractable.

If sexual behaviors are escalating, frequent, or intrusive, they might signify a problem. Also, sexual behaviors that involve children of different developmental stages, or involve coercion and control by one child, are abnormal. These behaviors require immediate intervention.

0
0
Skyflowers101
Skyflowers101 , Student writes:
i don't know how but in the first grade i knew all about sex... every litttle detail.Try to talking to you're kid about it explain to him that it was wrong and wierd just keep it at that and if he ask enything else just say you don't know.

0
1
nahmir4
nahmir4 writes:
my kids are having sex

0
1
Anonymous