bransonsmom
bransonsmom asks:
Q:

What kind of dr. treats chronic pain in an adolescent?

I want to know what kind of dr treats a disabled child with chronic pain? I have a child with pediatric fibromyalgia.He is in physical pain all the time. I can't find a dr. to treat him as he is only 13. I understand drs. want to prevent addiction but my son is in pain all the time.
In Topics: Physical Health

|

mheyman

Your child's general provider should be able to provide guidance initially.  Fibromyalgia can be difficult to treat but often can be helped by a physiatrist (specializing in children with chronic disorders), a rheumatologist, or an alternative medicine physician with other tools available (including hypnosis, relaxation techniques, etc).  Chronic use of pain killers is often avoided, and if necessary, an expert in pain management can assist in finding substitutes and weaning off the chronic medications.

0
0