NYCSUPERMOM
NYCSUPERMOM asks:
Q:

My kindergartner got stabbed by a classmate on 9/11

Hi I'm not sure what to do my 5yrs old kindergarten son got stabbed by a classmate with a pair of safety Scissors on 9/11 didn't return to school until the 9/13 which was on that Friday I spoke to the Principal about it, took him to the OU Children's Hospital and filed a police report as well as contacted DHS, and the Board of Education. But no one seems to be doing anything about the Situation. all they keep saying it because the New Law they can't tell me what they will do to the girl. But obviously nothing since she still ride the same bus as my son, they wont remove her from his class & i seen her in the cafeteria on that Friday asked if she got in trouble she said No they just told her not to do it again.  But if the tables were turn around my son would have gotten suspended which I think that's what should have happened to her. But it didn't So obviously she got away with it so I'm scared if she does ever do it again to my kids or any other next time might be his eye or neck instead of his Forearm   Oh did I mentioned when I got the call from the school the teacher told me it was (INTENTIONAL).  Someone please help me I need answers the school system are Failing our kids....
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school

|
martysunderland
martysunder... writes:
Contact the school counselor. That person may be your best resource in getting answers, and a mediator between you and administration.

1
0
slvblk
slvblk writes:
Have you considered homeschooling your son? The system is failing, and you obviously know it; if you choose to keep your son at that school and in the system, you really can't blame anyone else for the outcome.

That said, it's good that you filed a report with the police, I'd definitely go through with filing charges. If the school won't dole out any punishment, at least her parents should foot the bill for your son's medical expenses.

1
1