Anonymous
Q:

What are the different types of learning styles?

What are the different types of learning styles? How do you determine what type of learning style is best for your child?
In Topics: Learning styles and differences

|
pigtoria

Best Answer!

Hi….

A child’s learning style is how that child best receive his/her information, process it, evaluate it, and make use of it immediately or store it in his/her short or long term memory.  The child determines his/her own learning styles.  As parents, caregivers, and educators, their job is know what type of learning style the child has and fosters it that way. For example, my second grader learns best when information are presented to him in musically.  So when he is learning something new – the seven continents, the four oceans, month of the year, day of the week – I go online and see if these information are presented in a long.  If not, then I would just make up some silly songs.  Whether it’s a composed song or a silly song made up by mommy, my son always remember the lyrics and the information.  

The three big common learning styles are:
* Visual-Spatial Learners (learning by seeing)
* Auditory-Sequential Learners (learning by hearing)
* Kinesthetic Learners (learning by doing)

Below is a link to an article that talks in detail about children’s learning styles and multiple intelligences.  I’ve also include the topic page on learning style types if you want to read about how to foster your child’s specific learning style.

Vicki
1
0

HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
Knowing and understanding the types of learning styles is important for students of any age. It is advantageous for students to understand their type of learning style early on so that homework and learning may become easier and less stressful in the future.  There are three types of learning styles, first is the Auditory Learners: Hear,Visual Learners: See, and Kinesthetic Learners: Touch.

0
0
MTENGWADM
MTENGWADM writes:
types of learning styles are
1.visual learner
2.auditory learner
3.sensory learners
4.intuitive learners
5.active learners
6.reflective learners
7.sequential learners
8.global learners

1
0