tinawynn2009
tinawynn2009 asks:
Q:

What legal steps do I take on suing the school board and all involved with the bullying to my child?

My 11 year old son was attacked on 11-5-2013 by bullies that has constantly bullied him. Now from the result of this bullying my son is in a knee brace and on crutches. The principle bullied my son in to taking the blame for these bullies. I have approached the School board and the principle and have been blown off. Now I am wanting to take legal action. Do I file a police report since the school did not? I want justice for my son and the others who have been bullied non stop! What is worse is now that this has happened to my son I had to remove him from the school to protect him completely the adults involved are now blaming him for everything. My son also has Aspergers Autism so this is difficult for him. I have been working non stop on trying to find a lawyer for us, but where I live at no one is really wanting to go against the school because they all have grown up together and all. I am trying everything. Any suggestions I will gladly take. The incident of the knee injury is this: My son's class went outside for a snack break during this break the bully had urinated in a chip bag and threw it at my son, he caught it and a little spilled on his hand. My son then threw the bag down and it spilled back on the bully which then cursed my son out and told him he was going to break his leg. My son went to run away and the boy tackled him. The teacher was present during all this and helped my son back to class and would not let him call home. He rode the bus home.I then acted.

|

This is incredibly frustrating.  To make sure you are doing everything that you can, keep a detailed log of everything that you have already done and are doing.  Keep details of the dates and times you have spoken with the school staff and board.  Since you are looking to go above the school board, check out the laws for your state at www.stopbullying.gov for more information on how what you can do.  Reporting this incident to the Department of Education could be your next step.  

You can also call the Boys Town National Hotline to find other resources for legal help near you.

Take care,
Boys Town National Hotline Counselor

0
0

JeannaE30
JeannaE30 writes:
I am trying to find the same answers. My 13 year old son is also being bullied at school and the principle want do anything about it. On one occasion my son had to be taken to the hospital because he was jumped on at school and the principle said she was going to treat this as teasing and not bullying. I am so frustrated with the school. I had charges brought against the child that is bullying my son through the local police department. Try to contact the local news media and maybe they can help. I hope it gets better for you, I will keep you in my prayers.

1
0
JeannaE30
JeannaE30 writes:

1
0