anya02 asks:

can i legally enroll my five year old in arkansas schools living in mississippi,neighbors kids go to different school i can't seem to get my child in

90% different race for DISTRICT SCHOOL they tell me i should put him in,unexceptable neighborhood also,children around neighborhood go out of district suppose to have special needs,month has went by four trips to school out of district for test,no responses unless i call them i need the laws on enrolling in an out of state or district school should i go in front of board
In Topics: Choosing a school, National education standards and No Child Left Behind, State education standards

In most states there tends to be a two-fold process for students in one state going to school across state lines to another state.

Two questions need to be answered:

1) Do the states involved have specific laws on this subject?
2) Does the receiving state (Arkansas) have room in the local school system?

The answer to both questions must be yes for your child to attend schools across state lines.