ninamolina
ninamolina asks:
Q:

Can I legally request a new teacher for my unhappy second grader?

I'm going through this at this very moment. My daughter started second grade last week and was punished 4 days one for bitting her pencil and three for failing to turn in a goal sheet I thought would be due on Friday not the next day. The teacher gave zero institutions but placed her on yellow for it three days in a row. My daughter is having anxiety now about going to class because she thinks she's going to get in trouble all day. I'm giving it two weeks then I will request a new teacher. We spoke but she was stubborn about her rules. I'm not standing by and watching a happy kidgo through this. I've had to change teachers with my 19 yr old in the past and it helped she graduated in white. Be their advocate and voice when they cannot. Teachers are under the gun now so the pressure versus the care and love of their job and our children is changing but there are good ones who can do both. No offense but the older teachers seem burned out. Can any moms share their experiences? Now she has anxiety about going to school. I want to know my rights if I have to request a change. Thanks
In Topics: School and Academics, Working with my child's teacher(s)

|