What do you look for in a LMS or eLearning program?
eLearning or online learning is rapidly becoming a popular means for education. It enables students to learn at a self-paced rate, it allows for schedule flexibility, and has proven to provide a cost effective solution. For those of you who are currently participating in eLearning, what are some essential elements that you look for in a LMS or eLearning program? For example, is low cost important? Flexibility? Ease in user interface? etc.
This is a broad topic and it depends on the context. It also matters if you are investigating from the view of a parent, teacher, school administrator, or a student. Lastly, there are significant differences for LMS's /eLearning programs based on student levels. eLearning in higher education is significantly different than approaches in K-12. I will make a few brief remarks on on-line learning for K-12. Let me know if you want a deeper dive in a particular level.
1) Effectiveness. In choosing an eLearning program, it is important to know if there are proof points as to the program's degree of success with learners. Does it work?
2) Motivation. Is the on-line learning content engaging? Does it take advantage of the technology?
3) Support for the learner if the student is having difficulty with the content. On-line learning systems vary dramatically in how they provide support for learners when the learner experiences problems.
4) Technical support when there are technical issues. This is worth knowing.
5) Professional development or effective help systems for the user or the teacher if being used by a teacher.
The information above represents a very top level set of answers on a very broad question.
the advent and innovations that have taken place through different e-learning programs has made the acquisition of online education and studies for students from all around the world extremely convenient and hassle free. in addition to this it has also helped students to enroll in fields and areas that were relatively unexplored such as the increased popularity of human resource has been an outcome of e-learning.