Dan_B
Dan_B asks:
Q:

I really love this girl and i don't know what to do.

For over a year now I have been madly in love with the most perfect and beautiful girl I have ever met. We are good friends and talk often. Recently my feelings for her have been getting out of hand, I have started to feel majorly depressed and have started to isolate myself. There have been times over the past weeks where I have harmed myself by scratching my arms until they bled, BUT, I am recovering from this state, however I was always, and still am constantly thinking about her no matter what I do. Knowing that I couldn’t go on for much longer with these strong feelings, I finally got the guts to ask her out. I understand the concept of Yes and No, but when I asked her, her reaction gave the impression that she was glad I came forth and asked her, she said that she wasn’t ready for another relationship since her last one ended badly. I post this is because I am unsure what to do next, should I wait an appropriate amount of time and try again, or should I just accept the scenario?
In Topics: Teen sexuality and dating

|

Hey,

It sounds like you really like this girl and it has been causing you some anxiety.  However, you found it within yourself to go up and talk to her about how you feel.

That's great that you could take the risk and talk to her.  You could try asking her out again, but see if you two could just hang out.  Let her know that you understand that she is not interested in starting a relationship right now, but you feel like hanging out would be a great start to getting to know each other for when she is ready for a relationship.

If she doesn't say yes the next time, go focus that energy on something productive and safe.  Avoid hurting yourself with objects or your nails.  Maybe go for a run or bike ride or listen to music to change your mood.

If you need more support, please feel free to contact the counselor at the website below or check out their multiple tips to help teenagers.

Jenna, Counselor
0
0

lleslie14
lleslie14 writes:
i think that you should wait! Stay by her side and don't act any different, maybe just a little more caring and then she will want you and you will know it! Good luck

0
0