meganr15789
meganr15789 asks:
Q:

What should I tell my Mentally Challenged friend about sex?

I have a friend that I work with who, because of a serious head injury, is now slightly mentally challenged. She texts me 24/7 and most of the time it is about just normal everyday things. Lately though, she has been asking me about sex and my personal love life. I feel bad that she feels like she can only talk to me (she is almost 27 and I am 19) but I also feel that I should inform her because what would happen if she got herself into a situation like this? On the other hand though, I am a college student and have many other things to do and friends to text. I'm not trying to be rude with what I said in my last sentence, I'm just getting frustrated and don't know what to do.
In Topics: Special needs

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

First let me commend you for being a good friend.  However, this is a situation that has crossed the line, so to speak.  Thus, you may need to give concrete information to your friend, not about your love life, but about the boundaries you want to establish with your friendship.

For example, you may wish to set these rules:

I only want two texts from you a day and they need to be between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.  If I don't text back it is because I am working and going to college.  The limit is two.  And I only will text you two times a day.  That is it.  Twice. No more.  (Now you can set the limit, I randomly picked twice)

Also, you may say.....Your texts cannot ask me about my love life.  That is personal.  If you ask, I will not answer.  This doesn't mean that you are not my friend.  It means this is private.  

Also, you may want to connect with the adults in her life, such as parents or other friends to let them know that she is asking very personal matters and you are concerned.

Thanks again for writing and i hope these suggestions help your situation.

0
0