dmillerteach
dmillerteach , Child Professional, School Administrator, Teacher asks:
Q:

What are the methods of drop-out intervention used in your state?

I am interested in learning more about drop-out interventions done nationally. If you know about any screening and interventions done in your state, I would love to know. Are there any special steps taken for students receiving special education or ESL/bilingual services?
*I am interested in both governmental and non-profit interventions.
*Please indicate your state!

|

I have been a school counselor who has worked in an alternative program for dropout intervention and prevention. There are many resources in alternative education on this topic. The best resource on programs nationally is the Nationa Center for Dropout Prevention. They have conferences, a website and numerous materials that you will find helpful.
1
0

Louiseasl , Child Professional writes:
I live in Central Maryland and the use of mentoring programs are very popular.  Many of these programs are community based, particularly with students who are at risk due to their living situations.  

Several programs are available for bilingual/bicultural children as well.  Maryland is known for diversity and many of the schools have programs to address their needs.   If you wish to contact me specifically for details please feel free to do so.

Louise Masin Sattler
Owner of Signing Families
http://www.SigningFamilies.com

4
0
sgallant
sgallant , Child Professional, School Administrator writes:
A lot of research and technology has recently gone into the production of Dropout Early Warning and Intervention Systems. I have developed one such system that is in use by State Departments of Education as well as LEA Schools/Districts/Regionals. I am happy to provide an overview of how a system can be created and adopted, leveraging existing data systems and involving nationally renowned research (NGA/NDPS/etc) as well as local intervention discovery processes... -Scott Gallant

0
0