How should I tell my mom I want to be a girl?

Ive felt like this since I was 9 years old, but instead of crossdressing or acting like a girl...Ive been hiding it and acting like a normal boy with a girl trapped inside, so no one would pick on me at school.  But inside I feel like a girl...I really like shopping for new clothes/shoes and other things...but when I see something new I (not trying to offend girls my age) 13) don't say out loud "oh my God! I love these! They look so nice!" Instead I say it in my head...before the age of 9 I never new what "transsexual" meant...I just hang out with girls a lot (preferably japanese 'cause I spent most of my life in Okinowa, Japan) When I lay down when I'm alone (is the only time I act like a girl) I will lay on my stomach and put my lower legs below the knees up in the air, cross them, wave them back and forth...and read a book...or I will practice talking like a girl...its pretty good when I'm wide awake. I know there is a lot more to tell, but I don't have that well of a will be helpful if you guys can help me with this! Thanks!
In Topics: Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

Hello and thank you for writing to Just Ask!

This link has a wealth of resources for you.

Also, please consider talking to a school counselor who may be able to help you, as well.

Best wishes!

Treyron2242 writes:
Dont try to change yourself stay the way you are besides if you were going to be a girl god would have you a girl. So my opinion is to stay like you are.