angelamarie0706
angelamarie... asks:
Q:

As a mother, how should I go about my daughter being bullied at school and on Fb?

My 14 year old daughter and this 15 year old boy that was one of her friend's had been chatting online at school about sexual act's that he wanted done to him. Than he screen saved there conversation and showed other student's. Another mother came to my house today and told me her daughter was crying about how my daughter was being treated by other student's. i guess they had been treating her and saying things to he about how she was a whore and slut and more rumors went around that she gave him a std, and I didn't even have a clue about the whole thing, because she never told me...and she is my baby, she is beautiful...And popular tried being friends with everyone in middle school, now that she is in high school I think that more than 6 boy's asked her out so far just since August she told me every time another boy asked me out today, she kept turning them down.. Now this kid, had done this to her. She cried every day at school last week, even had to leave in the middle of class to go cry in the hallway or bathroom, teacher's excused her from class, and no one from that school even bothered to call me or her dad!! I cant sleep tonight. Im keeping her home from school, Im not sure how to go about this without making her life more miserable at school and on fb....??????

|

It is difficult as a parent to hear that your child is experiencing this type of behavior from classmates. The best advice we can give you is to contact the school and voice your concerns.

To help your daughter deal with what she is going through let her know that there are certain things in our life that we have control over and others we do not no matter how hard we try.  Teach to her that when others treat her badly, she truly can only control her response to what they say and do.  She can feed into it or she can shake it off and take a step up to a higher level.  A level that focuses on what she is supposed to be doing and accomplishing instead of dwelling on what others are doing and saying.

For now, encourage her to stay off Facebook and surround herself around good supportive friends.  Remind her that what she is going through is temporary and things will get better.

Chris, Counselor
0
0