DebReichert
DebReichert asks:
Q:

Is my mother liable if my 14 year old nephew gets into a car accident while driving without a license?

My sister lets her son drive all the time even though he is only 14 and doesn't have a drivers license. She also lets him drive my mothers car and my mother doesn't know he is driving it.

|

What you are describing sounds very serious and dangerous.  It is possible that your mother could be held liable if your 14 year old nephew gets into an accident and hurts himself and/or someone else, with her vehicle.  Talk with your sister about your concerns.  You will also want to notify your mother immediately that your sister is allowing her son to drive your mother's car, since she has every right to know what is going on.  You may also want to consider contacting an Attorney regarding your question.  

1-800-448-3000

0
0

cmgasp
cmgasp writes:
You sister will be liable for her son's actions and her own illegal actions of aiding her son in breaking the law.  If he has an accident, your mother may have to take your sister to court to get paid.

0
0

1-800-448-3000

0
0