Animalover48
Animalover48 asks:
Q:

My mother wants me to stop cutting but I can't and don't want to?

So this morning I told my mom I cut my arms and legs. She started crying and told me to stop and that she didn't want to lose me. I told her I wasn't going to kill myself but she said that cutting is the first step. She asked me this:
"Why do u do it? What is it like poor me cut cut??!"
I got mad when she said that. I tried to tell her it relives stress but she wouldn't let me get a word in. She was crying a lot thinking it was her fault. I told her it wasn't her fault but she wouldn't believe me. She REALLY wants me to stop cutting but I tried and I can't.  And I don't really want to. It makes me calmer. And I don't wanna see a counselor because they'll think I'm Physco.
In Topics: Cutting

|

Your mom is worried. No parent wants to hear that their child is hurting themselves on purpose.

Please give her some time to process what you have told her and try talking with her again.

You are using your cutting as a coping skill to deal with your anger and frustration unfortunately cutting isn't a healthy skill. We would encourage you to look at other ways that you can deal with your emotions.

The following articles has a whole list of other things that you can do besides cutting.
http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/99-Coping-Skills.aspx

A.
Boys Town National Hot line
1-800-448-3000
0
0

KraJu
KraJu writes:
A counselor could help though, but apart from that I believe you should get up every morning at 6am and go jogging for at least half an hour...your pace...not pressuring you. Getting up early to do this hurts but it might make you feel better. Its a different treatment for your body than cutting. You ll receive something like a scar but this one you'll benefit from.
Let not you mom worry about you. It's your life, it's your body!!!
Take good care of yourself!

0
0