Camiliea asks:

I'm moving to Sierra Vista AZ from WV, and I'm having trouble knowing how to handle that. Can you help me?

I'm turning 18 in April my parents are kicking me out so a friend and i are moving to AZ. We're used to small town and country living. But there is barely any water hot,hot,hot. And how do you get an apartment? with out a co signer can you? Do you still need a parent sign a paper to continue going to school?
In Topics: Outside the classroom, Teen issues
> 60 days ago



Boys Town National Hotline
Jan 21, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

You sound like you are preparing for quite an adventure, Camiliea.  
Thank you for writing to for advice.  Your plan to move from West Virginia to Arizona is very ambitious.  It is great that you are taking the time to think through all of the various obstacles ahead of time.

Moving out of state after being kicked out of your parent's home come April could be a possible option, however there may be many other options for you to consider.  Have you talked with a school counselor or another adult that you trust  who might be able to guide you?  If not, that would be the first step to take.  If you can't think of anyone that you can talk to in your area, consider reaching out to a counselor at the Boys Town National Hotline.  The Hotline staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-448-3000.  The purpose of the Hotline is to help teens work through tough issues just like the one you are describing.  Would you consider making a call today to talk with someone who can help?  The call would be toll free and can be made from any type of phone.  Boys Town is there to help.

If you decide to follow through with your plan, it would be a good idea for you to have a couple of contact numbers in the Sierra Vista area.  Two agencies located in Sierra Vista that might sound familiar to you are The United Way and The Salvation Army.  The United Way can help you to know what services are available throughout the county and can be reached at (520) 458-3288.  The Salvation Army provides help through a Community Center office assisting people with emergency food, clothing and utilities and can be reached at (520)459-8411.  

Hopefully, you will make the decision to reach out for more help today.  Call the Boys Town National Hotline at 1-800-448-3000.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely