DaVinci66
DaVinci66 asks:
Q:

neighbors 10-13yo kids found and pocketed a $20 single bill of mine. What is the best way to approach the parents of their child?

P.S. I'm very kind by nature..... So in short any answers given by a second party will be thoroughly pondered and rationally acted on with the up most level of kindness and understanding. Thanks  
Member Added on Sep 22, 2013
Also, I have waited all day for the kid to do the right thing. Unfortunately, I'm not impressed with the child since the girl has now implied with her actions that she does not intend to return it. I thought about using a scare tactic police currently practice and use... Probably not a wise decision I might add.
   However it is an effective way to get an admission of guilt from most children under 17 in front of a legal guardian by saying something to the effect of- "I have cameras watching and protecting my home, (after being robbed at gun point 3 years ago while inside the home) (scary but wouldn't be mentioned)...   and I watched a 20 dollar bill fall off my car seat while sitting up. I watched you take my belongings and I'm here to tell your mother about it unless you tell me the truth now or you can go get it immediately for me..

I of course would never do this without speaking to the legal guardian first, to inform them of the situation and have them decide what course of action to take. ? Any insight on any of the above? Fellow teachers and parents.
In Topics: Outside the classroom

|