iza.....
iza..... asks:
Q:

Is it normal for a kindergarten child to be switched to a brand new class set up, after 1 month of being in a class already and getting comfortable?

My son has been in his class since August 20th, now 1 month later the principal calls to tell me the class is over crowded with 19 students, and they are pulling 3-4 kids from each class to make a new one. She said the new class will be "ethnically balanced".
Of course I am not happy about this since my son is already used to his teacher and friends. Is there anything I can do? The principal said there is nothing I can do, and somebody has got to go. Do I have a right to ask who else from his class was switched? Or was he singled out?
In Topics: School and Academics, Working with my child's teacher(s), Kindergarten readiness

|