SGolob
SGolob asks:
Q:

What may be the best options for my kids who are failing the 9th grade?

I have two boys who may be held back in the 9th grade for the second time. One has ADHD and his brother was on a better track 2 years ago and regressed from an A/B student to failing the same grade twice.

They live with their dad in NC now and My wife and I are bringing them to Texas at the end of this 2010 school year. We are not sure what would be the best environment to get them back on track. Please advise
In Topics: Choosing a school, Special education, Special needs

|

Please consider making an appointment with the new school district in order to see if these boys qualify for special services due to their ADHD or difficulties with achieving success in school.  Ask for your request of a meeting in writing.  Outline your concerns and need for the children to be evaluated to see if there are any problems that can be helped by special programs within the school.  There are many possibilities as to why these children are having difficulties and a formal meeting in their new school would be an excellent start, in my opinion. For example, there may be help through programs from the guidance office  or through special education (such as assistance for learning disabilities).

I wish you much luck!

Owner of Signing Families

0
0

johnbutrick
johnbutrick writes:
try to help them with there homework i nearly failed my 9th grade classes and i had help with my parents and with my church. people from a church will also help with the homework. just a few tips.

1
0