distress
distress asks:
Q:

What can I do if a parent encourages a fight at a bus stop between her daughter and mine and this adult hits my child in the face?

The parent of another student riding my daughters bus encourages the two teens to fight while the girls are fighting the parent of the other girl grabs my child from behind and punches her in the face.

My daughter's friend had a video of this altercation but that has since been deleted. Charges were filed from both parties. I let the school know what happened but they are being uncooperative with the situation. I'm a concerned parent.

|
ghammett
ghammett , Student writes:
you should call the cops...no one has th right to hit on YOUR CHILD!!!!!!!!

1
0
linda.theappletree
linda.theap... writes:
No wonder her daughter fights! This same thing happened to my son last year. Another boy came to "fight him", and his mom came out with a broom and whacked my son over the head with it.  We got a restraining order against her and that kept her at bay.  My son spent the rest of the school year avoiding her son!

1
1
Jewelz1
Jewelz1 writes:
This makes me so upset. I saw this post and had to chime in. We teach our children to keep there hands to themselves and to treat other kids like they would like to be treated. Yet, other kids do not. I do wonder what other parents tell there kids.
 It seems really easy to say, well, hit back, hit first, etc. but we don't because we know its wrong. I just wish all parents taught the same, and maybe some issues wouldn't happen. One of my kids was tackled by 2 2nd graders. In fun, they said, but she was upset by it, and told the teachers, she said they did nothing, not even tell the 2nd graders to keep their hands to themselves. I almost want to home school. It is getting very scary out there.

0
1
Antoniamm86
Antoniamm86 writes:
Because its off campus the school wont want to get involved. Best thing is to alert police and file a restraining order against the mom, once you have the restraining order if she does anything else she can be arrested.

0
0
mrsgrizanti
mrsgrizanti writes:
What type of report was filed? (school or police?)  If an adult hit my minor child, it would be a police report being filed.  I would also have a meeting with the principal to question what the school district's policy is on bullying and what is being done to protect your daughter.  If you don't get the results you are looking for from the school, my next call and visit would be to the school board office or your local police/sheriff's office.  Most district's take a strong stance on bullying but when it's an adult hitting a child (even if the child is a teenager) I would think the local police department would be interested and would be able to tell you what can legally be done to stop it.

0
0