yuzwia
yuzwia asks:
Q:

Does Parent-Teacher Association enhance the relationship between the school and the community?

In Topics: Parent Teacher Association (PTA)

|

Absolutely!  The PTA /PTO organizations are a huge bridge between what happens within schools and the community.  These groups are advocates for children/ families, help teachers with resources, set up volunteer programs and much more.

I applaud all who are participants with these wonderful organizations, including the thousands of grandparents who are active members!

Louise Sattler, NCSP
Owner of Signing Families
and proud participant in our local PTA!

0
0

I think the answer to your question may vary depending on the school and PTA. For instance, at the first school my daughter attended, the PTA was very good about doing outreach to local businesses, non-profit organizations and to individual community members. That PTA did seem to enhance the school and community relationship. At her second school, though, I wasn't aware of the PTA doing as much (if any) community relations (though it did host events for the school community).

For more information about Parent-Teacher Associations, check out this info center: http://www.education.com/topic/parent-teacher-association/

Thanks for asking!

1
0