oslvsdopey3
oslvsdopey3 asks:
Q:

Why are so many parents allowing their children to drink sodas?

I constantly see children everywhere drinking sodas. I mean seriously why do parents allow them to drink them anyways? I don't allow my kids to drink that, not until they are probably in their teens. Why ruin your child with that type of thing and make them addicted to it so they can get sick and mess their bodies up in the long run
In Topics: Nutrition

|

mheyman

You are doing the right thing;  you are setting appropriate standards by not having sodas in your child's diet.  Providing healthy choices in the home environment is an excellent way to provide 'role model' food choices.  Teaching your child that sodas are not a healthy option will hopefully provide a basis upon which your child can later make his/her own choices.  

Why parents allow their children to drink sodas likely relates to a number of factors, including less attention to the diet of their kids, peer pressure, the 'power of advertising', and general availability (including in school vending machines, movie theaters, and other entertainment venues).

The website provides further discussion and recommendations of healthy diet from the American Academy of Pediatrics.  
0
0

canpanita
canpanita writes:
well that is a very good question.i care for three girls and at their homes they drink sodas until they cant drink no more in my house i don't give them sodas at all. i believe that parents should eat and drink the right kinds of food if they want to see their kids eat the right kinds of food.

0
0