siblingsmom
siblingsmom asks:
Q:

My parents yell and argue daily.  They have for over 30 years.  My 13 yr old sister is hurting herself whenever our mom yells at her.  How can I help?

My mother has schizophrenia and refuses to take medication.  She is getting worse every year.  My father is bi-polar and doesn't take medication either.  He would never even consider it.  Counseling is not an option for my parents because they refuse to admit they need to change.  They WON'T talk to a therapist or family counselor.  I have been talking with them since I was a child about their problems because they always would complain about the other to me.  I have researched how to help them I have done everything I can think of, but they are in their co-dependent, abusive comfort zones.   I have been to counseling myself and it has helped me IMMENSELY.  I am 31 yrs old and have a family of my own.  I happily married with 3 kids 4 and under.  My sister is 13 yrs old and has been slamming her head against bed posts, walls, almost broke her nose and she recently admitted she has felt depressed, and wants to just feel nothing.  We've talked about suicide and she says she's scared she might reach a point where she hurts herself bad enough that she might die.  She is in counseling now.  She wants to live with me but our parents have made it very clear they won't allow it.  My husband and I will have the room and funds to take care of her soon, but I don't know where to begin or if it's the best thing.  I'm sure it would break up my family if we fought this out in court and that's the only way for her to ever live with us due to my parents refusal to do it any other way.  
In Topics: Parenting siblings

|

illiebay
illiebay writes:
You need to help your family by showing your parents how these actions make u and your sister feel keep me posted ill give more info if it doesn't work trust me I've got thousandes of plans and if your parents refuse to listen don't take no for an answer

0
0