fayyaz 5
fayyaz 5 asks:
Q:

I'm paying a lot of money for my son to go to private school and he's getting average marks.  Advice?

Hi  i have got a son who is in 6th grade ,he goes to a private school where i am paying good money for his education but he gets average marks in his exams .Teachers always blame us for not giving much time at home on his studies . my son is a very nice and hardworking boy but he just doesnt concentrate much . i dont know what to do  i mean its not that easy to pay for a tuition at home as well.  seeking for a good advice                   th\nk you                      fayyaz
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school

|

First, I would speak with his teachers and any staff responsible for learning evaluations such as the school's child study team.

Second, speak to his pediatrician. He may benefit from an independent evaluation of his attention.  Many sixth grade or middle school boys have held the academics together pretty well through elementary school but it falls apart in middle school when the learning is harder and the expectations greater.

You have offered your son a private education which is a great first step, and he sounds like a good young man.  Take the next step and speak with these interested parties.

Good luck.

2
0

eyvonne
eyvonne writes:
6Th grade may need to start a game of gulf with dad or someone he looks up to the game requires alto of concentration at that point he will be learning and having fun. and now you have something to work with.

0
0
MelanyR
MelanyR writes:
I agree with an expert and would advice you to start from talking to teachers. You should ask them to explain what your son misses in his studying, ask to suggest you some alternatives and solutions for this problems. Then talk to you son and try find out what's going wrong. Consider spending more time with him or try to take more control.If nothing will help then I think the only way is to take a few private lessons for him,I remember when I had problems with algebra that really helped me.

0
0
kartik59
kartik59 writes:
I also agree with the expert and advice you to take up a meeting with his teacher.Ask them about his grades and also the worksheets that he does at school.Ask them to explain what your son misses in his studying. Prompt for suggestions about what can be done at home to make things better. Also have a friendly chat with your kid and try to figure out the problem. This is a problem which you three ( you. your kid and teachers) need to work together to solve it.

1
0
Emily36
Emily36 writes:
I agree with the expert on this.  The first step would be talk to his teachers.  Develop a plan to help him prepare for exams.  Ask them the best methods for studying. There are many ways to study and finding the right one to suit your son may be the key to his success in Middle School and beyond.
Your son is also entering into adolescence, and he is going through so many changes.  Discussing with his peditrician your concerns about his concentration issues may help devlop a plan to help your son.
Lastly, private schools do hold students to extremely high standards. With this in mind, his average marks could translate into above average in public schools.
Best of Luck!

0
0