IAMme!1233
IAMme!1233 asks:
Q:

What if People are threaten me (a lot) and my princeple is sick of hearing all of it and my parents have tried stopping it?

I have been jumped before and the only person I could talk to (my boyfriend) was suspened from our school and was sent to safe school. And I have no one to go to and Im extreamly scared

|

Continue to let people know.  If your physical safety is in danger than you need to tell others.  If the principal won't listen, go to a teacher, relative, school board member, counselor, or the police.  You deserve to be safe.

We also hope that you can hang out with people who will be able to help you if anything should arise.  Don't walk places alone, be with others, have them call 911 if something comes up.  Plan for safety and be vigilant about not putting yourself in a vulnerable or dangerous position.  Lay low, change up where you go at certain times in the day and how you get there and always keep others around who can watch your back and get you additional help as needed.

Please take care, don't be silent, and remain safe.  Know you can call our hotline 24 hours a day and we would be happy to problem solve with you.  

Counselor, Dominic
Boys Town National Hotline-A resource for parents and teens
1-800-448-3000
www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

1
0

addie122
addie122 writes:
Your next option is to go to the district, they are the higher authority above school. Explain to them that nothing was done in school, same thing happened with my sis well the bullying only and nothing was done either. We threaten to go to the district and they have stopped, hope it works out!

2
0

Thanks for reaching out for help. You've taken a great first step by looking to JustAsk for support, but this is a very serious situation that the online community won't be able to provide adequate help with.

You must talk to a trusted adult immediately and explain the situation. If your mom or principal won't listen, try talking to a guidance counselor or teacher, or as another member has suggested, go straight to the district level.

If you ever feel that your life is in danger, you should always call 911 immediately.

I wish you the very best!

Alex
Community Team

2
1
Nizzey87
Nizzey87 writes:
You need to go to the school board ASAP! This is not something that should be taken lightly. Let them know how you are afraid you are and that they have jumped you in the past. Did you report it when it happened? You shouldn't be afraid to go to school.

When I was in high school a guy was sexually harassing me. The subsitutue teacher saw it happen and I assumed she was going to report it to the principal but yet nothing happened. A week later I mentioned it to my uncle and aunt (gardian at the time). My uncle went to the school the next morning and spoke the the principal. After he left the principal called me to his office and asked me to identify the guy who had tried to put his hand down my shirt. I did. Which I don't know why he bothered to ask. He asked me why I waited so long to report it. I told him that since the subsitute teacher had seen the incident and actually made him get away from him by meking him move to another seat I figured she was going to proceed with it. He then said, "THere is nothing I can do because you waited so long to report it." I was in shock. I emidiately went to the girls bathroom and called my uncle to tell him what the principal had said. He could not believe it either. Right after school my uncle, aunt, aunt and I went to the school board and asked to speak the person in charge. My uncle explained his concerns. Then I was asked to explain exactly what had happened. I did. The school board could not believe I was told that nothing could be done. We were assured that something would be done about it. My unlce was still upset at the time and did tell him that if nothing was done that he would go public with the story. (Meaning he would go to the media to show everyone how there was no support in that school district and how students were not safe). The following day at school I found out that the guy who had harassed me was suspened for a week. After that the principal of the school kept checking on me and asking me how I was doing and if anyone had bothered me anymore. Sure, when the guy came back to school he always had some smart comment to say but I acted as if I didn't hear him.

My point wiht my story is not to stop with the principal. Go to higher authorities you have to for your safety. Don't let anyone intimedate you. If you are ever assulted again speak up. Have your parents take pictures of your wonds and get checked by a doctor and get documentation from them. Don't be afraid to step up. If your school and district don't protect you take those pictures and documentation to the cops and/or media. Someone will listen! Sometimes you just have to put a little pressure on the school system. The principal shouldn't be sick of hearing aobut it. It is his job to make sure that ALL the students in the school are safe.

Also remember that there are people who care about you. Don't let those bullies make you feel that you are not important because you are.  

I hope you keep us posted on how it goes.

3
0
jasmine...
jasmine... writes:
hi im jasmine and i would take this to the police if they wont help in school then the police will :) good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1
2
JESUSLOVESUS
JESUSLOVESUS writes:
I THINK THE PROBLEM IN YOUR CASE IS THE SCHOOL SYSTEM. HOW CAN A PRINCIPAL BE "TIRED" OF MAKING SURE A STUDENT IS SAFE IN THEIR SCHOOL???? IT'S PART OF THEIR JOB. YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK INTO TALKING TO SOMEONE OVER HIS/HER HEAD ABOUT THIS ISSUE, MAYBE A CITY HALL REPRESENTATIVE. BULLYING IS BEING TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY NOWADAYS AND SOMEONE WILL LISTEN. TALK TO YOUR FAMILY IF YOU CAN AS WELL.

1
1