Epluribusunum
Epluribusunum asks:
Q:

Is the pledge of allegiance recited daily at all schools

I have just learned that the Constitution is not being taught in many schools throughout the country and the flag is not present in all rooms AND the pledge of Allegiance is not recited daily.
Do all classrooms have a flag, recite the pledge daily and the students are taught the constitution and history?
If not, why?
In Topics: Working with school administrators, Helping my child with social studies / history, Volunteering and citizenship

|

Allyn Anderson

Thank you for contacting Education.com. Because your question is specific to your own school district, please contact them directly. Rene Freyer may be able to direct you to the right person to answer this question for you.

Freyer, Rene
Secretary Curr./Staff Dev./District Office
rfreyer@whitnall.com
414-525-8414
0
0

My daughter (a third-grader) has attended two public schools in California. The Pledge of Allegiance has not been recited daily in all of her classrooms. Instead, it has been at the teacher's discretion whether or not the Pledge is recited, and there hasn't been a mandate by the principals, school district or state Department of Education that the Pledge be recited in all classrooms.

I suggest contacting your state's Department of Education to learn if they require the Pledge be recited in public schools in your state. If it's not state-mandated, then contact your local school district to see if they have required their schools to recite the Pledge. If not, then contact the principal of your local school to learn if she/he has required or encouraged the Pledge in the school's classrooms. If you want all public schools across the nation to be mandated to recite the Pledge of Allegiance daily, I suggest sharing this feedback with the U.S. Department of Education.

Thanks for asking!

0
0
Anonymous