michaelbartone
michaelbart... asks:
Q:

Who are positive role models for today's kids?

Just curious who your role models were growing up? On this note, who do you believe are positive role models for children these days and why? I know I had many positive role models ranging from President Clinton, Harriet Tubman and Eleanor Roosevelt to my family members. I try to think who the role models are today, but I have a hard time. Any ideas??
In Topics: Fatherhood

|
rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
When I was growing up, Barry Bonds was like a superhero to me. Now that even the most inspiring sport figures (Marion Jones, etc.) are facing drug charges and imprisonment, and the popular figures are looked up to (or at least looked AT) because they are party-girls, stick insects, and/or jail-birds, I think parents need to remember that they are the biggest role models in their child's lives. I know that my mom and dad are the most inspirational people in my life. So parents, don't forget to set a good example for kids!

0
0
bob , Parent writes:
John Glenn. Neil Armstrong.   Klaatu & Commander John J. Adams.   All men who had punched through some barrier and stretched civilization forward.  Fred Rogers for how well he treated people.  

I lament that we don't seem to have such positive role models today.

0
0
Show me another question in this topic