stward101
stward101 asks:
Q:

What can pre-schools do to foster social success in "loner" children? Maybe activities requiring them to speak, share and partner?

I volunteer in a pre-school and during free play time I notice the same 1 or 2 kids playing alone or with one other playmate while the others race, play ball, or other group activity. These kids seem to be on the fringe of things. Maybe I'm over-reacting, but so much research about criminals points to childhood loneliness. To me, it seems getting kids up to speed socially is as important as ABC's and math.
In Topics: Self esteem and identity, Friendships and peer relationships

|

Hand in Hand

These kids are lucky to have someone noticing them and taking the time to think about what they might need. I've attached an article from the Hand in Hand Parenting website on helping children with shyness that might give you some ideas to try out if they are still hanging out on the sidelines in the classroom.

I'll be interested to hear how things work out,

Juli Idleman
Hand in Hand Parenting
www.handinhandparenting.org
0
0

cgomes
cgomes writes:
Here are just a few great activities that we have that help kids with communication and working with others. Hope these are helpful! Feel free to browse the rest of our Preschool Activities for more ideas.

1
0