Redwood_City_Mom
Redwood_Cit... asks:
Q:

Has your preschooler ever resisted drop off at school after a period of being fine with it?

My four year old had a few tough drop offs at preschool last fall but after a few days got fine. We've gone for months with him happily trotting into school without a tear. After the Thanksgiving break, he started to get really sad at drop off and now he's throwing full on tantrums every day. His teachers say he calms down after I leave but that it can take up to 20 minutes some days.

Nothing has changed at school or in the rest of his life. It breaks my heart to see him so sad each morning. Is it "normal" for kids to go through ups and downs about separation or should I be worried that something bigger is going on in his little head/heart?
In Topics: Back to school, Preschool

|

eliad
eliad , Parent writes:
<p>I noticed similar behavior with our son when sometime he's more &quot;needy&quot;. He'll be excited about school for few weeks or even months, then all of a sudden he won't let us go. He'll be &quot;dragging his feet&quot; out of the car and will hold on to us, so we can't leave. His teacher also says that he relaxes few minutes after we go. I'm not sure why those it happened.</p>

1
0