kiwi10
kiwi10 asks:
Q:

Can a private school refuse to release transcripts to a college if all financial and academic obligations are met?

There is a disciplinary issue outstanding and the school is threatening to withhold transcripts until both the student and
his parents get a drug/alcohol assessment.  This is for a student who has all other requirements as described in the student and parent handbook.  Just wondering if they can legally do this.
In Topics: Working with school administrators, Getting ready for college

|

Houli

I suspect the answer to your question will side with the school. It is the school's ultimate responsibility to certify that each student has met the requirements to graduate.

Requirements or stipulations that a school may require for certifying a student has met these requirements often include academic/disciplinary/legal and financial factors.

As a former high school principal, I am fairly certain this advice I am giving is accurate. Good luck and I hope you can work this out with the school.

0
0