l006016
l006016 asks:
Q:

Is there a program in phonics where you type the word and get a response in phonics sounds?

I am working with my granddaughter learning new words.

She doesn't like for me to sound out the words. I was wondering if there is a game we can play by typing the word and get a reply sounded out.
In Topics: Helping my child with reading

|

One of my favorite sites for young children to learn about phonics is called Startfall.com.  There are plenty of games and activities to keep your grandchild busy.

I suggest that you play with her.  She will get more out of it and it is a lot more fungo play with someone.

Happy reading!
Barb K
Www.LessonPop.com

2
0

jythomas
jythomas writes:
If your grandchild enjoys the computer there's a great website I use as an intervention with struggling readers and one I have recommended to family and friends for their children. The website is www.starfall.com. Try it and see how much you and your granddaughter enjoys it. Good luck!

1
0
msateaches
msateaches writes:
The Phonetictyping program does exactly what you are describing. You can try a few of the lessons for FREE. I use it with my students. The program is designed to teach phonics and typing at the same time. It is good for young beginning readers and kids with reading disability. http://phonetictyping.com

1
0