Timilysmom33
Timilysmom33 , Parent asks:
Q:

Questioning Santa, with special circumstances

I have a 10 y/o son and a 7 y/o daughter.my son has been questioning Santa for the past two years, and my daughter still has that absolute belief in him and his magic despite hearing other things. Recently my grandfather passed who I was very close to as well as my son and during our trip home also included checking my mom ( who my son is extremely close too)into rehab for opiate addiction, I have always been very open about everything with my children, but in an age appropriate way about everything form when babies come from to drugs, but I wanted the magic of Santa and all that comes from it, although I am feeling  that it is time to tell him, I am worried about making him grow up to soon  & ruining his faith in other things due to the recent events and ruining it for his younger sister. My Santa talk I loved because I was told that yes it was my parents doing the work of Santa it was in his spirit that they do it and as long as I kept the belief of Christmas magic in my heart the gifts would continue, and they still do, my mom and dad still tell me my gifts are from Santa. Anyways any advice would help at this point
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|

imhismommy
imhismommy writes:
Personally, if he has already been questioning and you think it is time to tell him, I think you should.  I would make sure I told him, like your parents told you.  But, I would make sure I told him about Santa, the tooth fairy, Easter bunny and all.  Then while he knew I was being honest about all of that, I would confirm any beliefs you do not want to ruin his faith in.  Let him know they are not the same thing.  Some things he doesn't see DO exist.

0
0