CaliforniaMom
CaliforniaMom asks:
Q:

What is the going rate for the tooth fairy? Any suggestions for non-monetary rewards?

In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|
Patrick08
Patrick08 writes:
$1 is a good rate for a tooth that's fallen out.  Instead of putting a bill under the pillow get one of those Sacajawea dollar coins that's more of a gold color and put it under the pillow.

7
0
The tooth fairy at our house usually leaves $1-5 (depending on what is in the tooth fairy's wallet that particular day, or how much courage it took for that tooth to be removed).

Our tooth fairy hasn't tried non-monetary rewards yet, but I'm guessing our daughter would really like more cartoon-watching time, a free-pass from doing a chore for a week (such as cleaning her pet's cage), or an extra helping of ice cream at dessert time -- with a note from the tooth fairy that she got the OK from mom and dad.

6
0
Mandy Cook
Mandy Cook writes:
The non-monetary rewards sound great.  I was surprised to hear from my niece the going rate is $5-10.  I thought that was steep.  A's on report cards were going for $5-$20.

3
0
Hi, A new poll just came out that says the average tooth fairy payout is on the rise in the U.S....

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20100202/economic-sign-tooth-fairy-is-paying-more?src=RSS_PUBLIC

"A new poll shows the average tooth fairy dividend is up 13% from last year, from $1.88 to $2.13 per tooth nationwide."

2
0
ournanabee
ournanabee writes:
A new toothbrush. Explain how important it is to protect the new tooth. I told my grandson  "your a young man now so the new teeth are your adult teeth. He brushed after eating everything. I thought he would brush the white off (smile)

2
0