tschool
tschool asks:
Q:

Please read, I need your help

Thank you so much for your post.  I have been looking for advice on how to handle my 18 year who is smoking.  She thinks that there is nothing wrong with it and that it's better than drinking also.  I have a different view of course.  Everything I have read so far contradicts your point of view.  After reading many articles and other points of view.  You so far have opened my eyes to how an intelligent teens feels about smoking weed.  I still disagree with her decision.  I almost thought of staging a sting that would result in her arrest thinking that would solve the problem.  But, your'e right, that would just ruin the rest of her life.

My biggest concern is that she will get high, loose all inhibitions get raped and become pregnant.   Ugh!

I found her bongs and other paraphernalia in the trunk of her car.  This is completely against my rules for obvious reasons.  I took away the car and demolished the paraphernalia.  She left 11 days ago and I have not seen her since.  I can see thru one her friends twitter account that she is alive and is living in a nearby town (45 min away).  

I want my daughter back home but she is 18 and she knows she can make her own decisions.  

She doesn't have a job/$/car etc....Is it reasonable to think she will be home soon?  My fear is she's sleeping on the streets.  Is she eating, sleeping, showering etc....?

Funny part is I'm an ER nurse and I've told many stories regarding medical emergencies as a result of long term marijuana
In Topics: Teen alcohol and substance abuse

|

You are right to be concerned about your daughter and her drug use.  Letting her know that drug use and the possession of drug paraphernalia in your home will not be tolerated is important.  As a parent you want your daughter to make the right decisions and choose things that are healthy for her.  Continue to let your daughter know that you love her and it is because you want her to be healthy and happy that you want her to make good decisions about substances.  If your daughter is open to treatment and you need help finding a treatment center in your area, call a hotline, they would be happy to help you find resources.
Sara, Counselor
0
0